- Case study
DB Thermal (an SPX company) required a solution to efficiently track raw and refined materials from order to production at their project site in Nigel.
Entelect was approached to build a bespoke, web-based solution to give the business stakeholders a material reconciliation system.
The system requirements were to:
• Import and maintain material master lists and colli lists
• Provide users the means to easily view and process material through the various states – from raw materials, to machining or refining, to production
• View a summarised progress report on the project’s material requirements and utilisation
• Easily view the location and status of any quantity of material at any point on the workflow
• Track and audit all actions against materials throughout the process
Additionally, the material management system needed to support the varied workflows adopted by two of the other major operations underway within DB Thermal.